Preferred File Formats:
- Vector Art (.eps, .pdf, .ai, .cdr, .svg) with text converted to outlines
- High resolution bitmap files (.png, .tif, .jpg, 300dpi or better works best)
- Send one name per line/cell in text file, word file or an excel spreadsheet
How do I send you my art for my order?
- Simply reply to your order confirmation and attach art, or use available upload option.
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number in the subject line
- If you have special instructions regarding your layout, you can enter this in the Special Instructions box when adding the item to your cart.
VECTOR vs. BITMAP
Vector based artwork is resolution independent and can be scaled to any size without loss of detail. Bitmaps are comprised of pixels that enlarge when the image is enlarged. The larger a bitmap gets, the more the pixels will be visible (appears as blurry, jagged edges or pixelated).
Vector art generally lasers better, but bitmaps can often be converted to vector by our art team, as long as they are high enough quality to begin with.
WILL MY ART WORK?
Most of the time, our skilled art team can make any logo work, so just sending your art in reply to order confirmation is the quickest way to get your order in. If we have questions or issues, we'll email you after you place your order.
If you want to see a mockup of how your engraving will look, just put "REQUEST MOCKUP" in the special instructions box when ordering.
If you are not sure if your art will work, you can email us for a recommendation.
Just email email@example.com and include:
- The largest size, highest quality, cleanest looking logo files you have (include a few if not sure)
- What item or material you want it engraved on
Remember: The better the input artwork, the better the output engraving!
Resolution refers to the amount of pixels in a particular image and is generally measured in dots per inch (dpi). High resolution files generally result in a higher resolution engraving.
A 300dpi/ppi or better is preferred for bitmap files.
BLACK/WHITE vs. COLOR
Black and white artwork is preferred. If you send a color image, we may be able to convert it to grayscale or black and white.
Gradients (shades of gray or shading) can be reproduced well on our laser machines, however results vary based on art file and material being engraved or etched. For best results, avoid gradients, however if necessary we can laser them, sometimes an extra part is needed for testing or an extra day for proofing.
We offer font selections on most item descriptions. Can't find a font you like, head to Dafont.com. They offer a wide selection of font choices. Find one you like and email us.
Currently at this time we do not offer engraving items using photographs. We are still in our testing phase with that process. If you would like us to try some samples, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customers will assume complete responsibility to obtain permission for reproduction of logos, trademarks & copyrights. By agreeing to print any submitted artwork, The Shop With No Names will not be held liable under any circumstances.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or if you would like a quote on your artwork!